Sunday, September 7, 2014

Attempted Flexi Rod Set

So my very good friend is getting married in a few weeks and I have been dying to get dolled up and have a great time. I have been saying for months how I wanted to straighten my hair again, but I know that I do not want it bone straight for fear that it won't revert back to curly so I refuse to let anyone touch it but myself. Anyhoo. Friday night I washed my  hair and set it in 14 flexi rods using Lottaboy wrapping lotion and the Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil leave in and some Ecostyler. My hair took for ever to dry, but I figured that I could sleep in the flexi rods...big mistake! My head was tight and uncomfortable from the flexi rods so I hardly slept, I was up super early hoping and praying that my hair was dry. I sat under the hooded dry for what seemed like hours but it was only an hour and 15 minutes. The front came out great but the back was wavy with a spiral curl on the ends. I smoothed my hair with a flat iron and pulled it in a bun. Overall, I'm pretty pleased I think my hair came out good for it to not be completely dry...I'm rocking the bun this week and then will try again soon. 
Xx,
TwistedMarie 
P.S. Excuse the pjs in the photos I was beyond sleep, the last pic is of my bun today! 



Hmmm not sure why this never posted but...here it is from a few weeks ago

No comments:

Post a Comment