Sunday, July 13, 2014

Mastering the Perfect Twists

So I know it has been a while since I have posted any updates about my hair, so here it is. I was in need of a serious protective style to give myself and my hair a much needed break. I co-washed my hair and then place into four large twists. I grabbed a jar of pink Ecostyler gel and begun to twists. These twists below took me about two hours to complete. So I decided to come up with a pros and cons list of a wet twists set vs. a dry twists set...
Wet Twist Set
-quick
-wet hair is easier to twist and can use less products
-can be easily washed 
-twists outs look great
-but the shrinkage is insane 
Dry Twist Set
- last much longer than a wet set
-eliminates shrinkage 
-the hair is stretched so it, has a tendency to get frizzy quick 
-trying to do a twist out normally won't work since my hair didn't get a chance to set
In all, I think I like both sets it just depends on what I plan on doing with my hair, when I need something quick a wet set always wins.
XOXO,
TwistedMarie 

No comments:

Post a Comment