Sunday, December 15, 2013

Back To The Shampoo

Yes you read right, I have been co-washing my hair for the past few months and and using shampoo a lot less than before. It was great in the beginning and my hair seemed to love it until about a week ago. I have stepped up my workouts and wore my hair in a high ponytail last week. I noticed that my scalp was kind of itchy so I decided to rinse it while I was in the shower. Well that only took the itch away until my next workout. So Friday night after work I made a mad dash to walmart and walked down the hair aisle for what seemed like an hour trying to pick the best shampoo to help clean my scalp. I came across the suave line and remembered how I used it when I relaxed my hair and loved the results. I grabbed a bottle of the Suave humnectant and headed home. It felt great to wash my scalp and get all of the build up off of it. I did add as much water as possible to the bottle and made sure to only use the shampoo on my scalp. I applied my conditioner to my hair that was 12 large twists. I placed my hair in braids for a twist out. I know that some of you are wondering why I decided to go back to shampoo and especially one that has SLS in it but I needed to cleanse my scalp, the amount of sweat and build up from my products was not creating the best environment for my hair. Of course I plan to use it in moderation and keep it diluted, but I can say that my scalp feels a lot better. 
XOXO,
TwistedMaire 
P.S. Stay tuned for the pictures of my braid out 

No comments:

Post a Comment